[Hobby] Programmer wanted! Tiberian Sun, Red Alert, Supreme commander inspired AA quality RTS (other roles welcome too)

Started by
6 comments, last by Thomaze1988z 8 months, 1 week ago

Hi fellow developers!

I'm looking for programmers(unity/unreal), visual artists and various roles to join our already established game development team. There's already a well received game published on Steam, but while that is being completed we want to make sure the new project is up and running as well. The new projects are already being discussed with publishers as well.

What's in it for you?

What I'm offering is the opportunity become part of a project with the goal of delivering a AA quality game. Apart from force majeure scenarios this project will finish no matter what meaning that at the end of the road we will all have a good quality finished game under our belts. This can then translate into being hired by us parttime or fulltime or a good step up to become a gamedev at other game companies.

So basically if you stick with us you will end up with:

- A completed AA quality game (95% of indie gamedev projects never get there)
- Having worked within a serious game development team
- The opportunity to become a parttime or fulltime member of the company as a whole
- The ability to show other employers that you have what it takes to create fun and good quality videogames

Who am I?

I'm the lead developer of two game development teams working on an RTS game and a cute 3D platformer. I've already released one game on Steam which did fairly well.

While that's being wrapped up/finished new plans are being set in motion. This means getting demos done in order for our agency to get publishers on board, fix marketing and similar stuff like that. Our goal is to have a well running game development studio in 5 years that gives all sorts of developers the opportunity to enter the gamedev industry and grow in both skills and results.

Over the past 5 years a lot of experience and knowledge has been gathered in this industry. I've had contact with over 50 different publishers, made a lot of contacts within the gamedev industry, learned a lot about marketing and I'm working hard to get the best results possible for everyone involved. Now i'm looking to also transfer all relevant knowledge to you and the other team members. All I ask in return is your time, some agency and love for the project, and the desire or discipline to consistently try to features or other content to the whole. That way we will end up with a higher quality game that's fun to play at the end of the road!

Your skills

In terms of programming you're free to send me a message if you have experience with unreal or unity and are not an absolute beginner. If you think you can contribute in any other area then you're free to DM me as well, but in that case please also make sure that you are not an absolute beginner.

In addition to that we ask that you dedicate at least 5 hours per week to the project. However, the more agency, ownership and time you can spend on this the better the results will be for us all.

We are currently not looking for composers.

Some extra context

Over the past 5 years a lot of experience and knowledge has been gathered in this industry. I've had contact with over 50 different publishers, made a lot of contacts within the gamedev industry, learned a lot about marketing and I'm working hard to get the best results possible for everyone involved. Now i'm looking to also transfer all relevant knowledge to you and the other team members. All I ask in return is your time, some agency and love for the project, and the desire or discipline to consistently try to features or other content to the whole. That way we will end up with a higher quality game that's fun to play at the end of the road!

Contact

If you're interested please send me a message with the role you want to fulfill and your discord handle. Thanks for reading through this mountain of text!

Game developer

Advertisement

Hi Thomaze1988z ,

Please check my about page.

5 hrs a week is ok for me.

Applying as Junior Programmer Unity.

Thanks

Like my answer if it was useful

thanks

Neil AE

Indie Game Developer

I’m not a Unity or Unreal developer, but I am proficient in C++. Do you need a tools developer?

@taby Hmm, not at this time I think. That said; Perhaps… We can always talk about it and see where that goes and what areas you could help with. Perhaps a map editor or something for instance.

Still, it would require testing. And to test it you'd need to have the game running in unity to check out if whatever you made actually works ingame

Game developer

Is the reflection in the water at the top-right corner in the first image correct?

None

@Thomaze1988z

Hello Thomaze1988z!

Your offer sounds enticing, I would love to be a part of the team. I'd like to stay in touch with you.

@OsaOsa1993 If you're interested please send me a message with the role you want to fulfill and your discord handle. Thanks for reading through this mountain of text!

Game developer

This topic is closed to new replies.

Advertisement