Looking for beginners in any discipline

Started by
55 comments, last by NachoSmalls 3 years, 12 months ago

For some reason I thought that writing this post would be a lot easier. Still, here we go.

Hello whoever you are, from whatever discipline, beginner or experienced,
thank you for reading this. I'm surprised anyone has even clicked on this post. As you can see, I have just signed up, I've been a quiet lurker (and admirer) for a while. Some people on here are incredibly talented, let me just get that out there.

So, the purpose of this post, the actual thing you're interested in.
My goal is to get together and get in touch with fellow beginners and people that are eager to learn. I have quite some experience in using the Unity engine, have several finished projects on my list. Same goes for 3D Modelling and Blender. Recently I have started to get into programming, working on implementing code and understanding it. My strengths are definitely on the creative side though. I might even be a decent writer and I'm saying might, because feedback from friends and family can't be called a strong foundation.

If you are interested in working on projects or just looking for a learning environment, are willing to contribute the smallest of things, please leave a comment or message me. My head is full of ideas, which I want to share with other people, work on one, work on an entirely different suggestion if you come up with one.

Please don't hesitate, you don't need to be available at all times. There will be no pressure. Being a group of beginners (most likely) we'll take the baby steps that get us somewhere and work together on a project, that we all might (will) learn something from. I think that depending on the response a discord server will be set up.

Have a great day and continue thriving.

Advertisement

Hi, be assure it took me a while to write this too :) so here it is.

Well, I'm not really sure of what I am doing here. It is the middle of the night, and I still have the whim of diving into the world of game development, again... Many times I quickly tried but I always hit a wall : the programming. I just can't get into it. In fact, I have give up that I could succeed to learn it at all and to be honest with you, I am not really interest in that. I kinda like and understand the logic in it but I'm no coder at all.

A bit about me.

6 years ago I came out from a 3D school with some generalist knowledge and skills but I ended in a company as a video editor for low budgets corporate communication films. I kinda like what I do for living (mostly animating boring stuff on after effects) but I don't see myself doing that for another 10 years. I want to do more 3D and be better at this discipline. I left Maya and Max that i learned in school and want to properly improve my skills on Blender. I am quite competent but the lack of assiduous practice for several years has taken away my self-confidence in carrying out complex projects.

Lately I tried making a couple mods for games that I like to play. Theses are just maps and props, and despite the fact that i struggle on the lua code to make it work (and it was nearly all copy/paste lol ) I really enjoy working on this and look forward to do more stuff like this.

Like everyone here, I have a lot of ideas to make great games, maybe not the best ones but the ones I dream of playing. But as every time the adventure tempts me, I am very quickly brought back to the reality that despite the fact that I have some technical skills, I won't achieve anything good on my own.

So here I am, one more time, on top of my mountain of disillusionment. Really wanting to get into game dev and deterred by the task, discouraged to be unable to provide all the skills I don't have. But "hey!", maybe I am not alone after all. Maybe I could find somehow, some crazy folks that are like me, wanting but lacking other fields of expertise.

So I search for a community and just discover this site. Browse through some topics, then find your post and it kinda speaks to myself. So I thought why not give it a try.

I would be pleased to discuss more in depth and if we get along well, perhaps collaborate on a project.

Thank you for reading me and have a great day!

Hello. I'm primarily a designer, but I try to dabble in code to bring my ideas to life. I'd be interested in collaborating with you, contributing with level designs, mechanics, and other design related tasks. I'm not particularly talented to be frank, but I have lots of time to devote to hobby development. My discord is Durk#1294

A team of beginners. I think this sounds like a wonderful idea. I am all around creative, except graphics I can't do. I've dabbled a lot in different things with programming. I've recently decided to focus my creativity and energy to make development happen. Please let me know if you would like to chat some time.

@durk Hey, thanks for your reply. I'll message you as soon as the Discord server is set up and ready for use. It's great you want to contribute to the project (:

Effectively it would be more practical with my discord too. Sorry I forgot to add it so here it is GoodKaT#3433

@GoodKaT I've sent you both a friend request and invite.

Hello, I am a somewhat experienced C# developer, but sadly with no finished projects. I am really looking forward to changing that, so I would love to cooperate with others. Currently, I am learning Unity and drawing, but I also love learning math and studying how to connect math and programming. My Discord is BigBird#6351.

Hi, I do webdev professionally and enjoy learning about game engines in my free time. I have dabbled a bit in mapping, programming, drawing, pixel art, animation, but I do often lack motivation to carry on. Maybe I'll feel a little bit more productive in a group of peers, so I don't mind to join. The discord is HattyJetty#8609

@HattyJetty Hello Hatty, I just sent you a friend request on Discord (Amaligom78#7545). I would love to go over some ideas on some projects possibly and get other beginners involved. I have been coding with Unity and making 3D Model assets for over 2 years now and would like to contribute my effort on getting some projects going. Let me know what you think. Thanks! ?

This topic is closed to new replies.

Advertisement