Indie Game Devlog - Feedback wanted!

Started by
6 comments, last by bwdev 5 years, 3 months ago

Hi everyone,

This is my first post on here so hopefully I've come to the right place.

I've started a devlog over on youtube for a game I'm developing:

Let me know if you have any feedback or ideas!

Advertisement

Looks interesting, I'll keep my eye on this to see where it goes.

I think the editing and the overall video was great! You did a good job on the composition!

I can try to give a bit of feedback, please note thought that overall everything was great, this is simply some things that might be possible to fine tune even more

1) Maybe try to be even a bit more enthustiatic when you speak, you have a very good voice for video blogging and I think turning it up just a little bit more might get the viewers to get even more invested! But like I said, current state is still very good though!

2) This is more on the  technical side, have you considered using some sub-layers to the tree generation? You could use, for example, some perlin noise with threshold values which also influences the tree types in addition to pure RNG+CA. In my own experience is that this can help to get a bit more "natural" feeling to the distribution of trees. If you compare with nature, for examples, trees grows where there favorable conditions for their type, trying the mimic this distrbution of tree types even more could get an even better subconscious feel for the forrest

Great Work!

Currently making BorderStrain, 2D Sandbox ARPG www.BorderStrain.com

19 minutes ago, BG109 said:

I think the editing and the overall video was great! You did a good job on the composition!

I can try to give a bit of feedback, please note thought that overall everything was great, this is simply some things that might be possible to fine tune even more

1) Maybe try to be even a bit more enthustiatic when you speak, you have a very good voice for video blogging and I think turning it up just a little bit more might get the viewers to get even more invested! But like I said, current state is still very good though!

2) This is more on the  technical side, have you considered using some sub-layers to the tree generation? You could use, for example, some perlin noise with threshold values which also influences the tree types in addition to pure RNG+CA. In my own experience is that this can help to get a bit more "natural" feeling to the distribution of trees. If you compare with nature, for examples, trees grows where there favorable conditions for their type, trying the mimic this distrbution of tree types even more could get an even better subconscious feel for the forrest

Great Work!

Thanks for the great feedback!

I'll definitely experiment with the delivery for the next one, agreed that enthusiasm helps ?

Will have a look into perlin noise - seen it used a lot for terrain generation but it could have some interesting results for the forest! Perhaps for later in development once I've got the basic systems down.

Will keep posting videos on these thread as I make them ?

Episode 2 is now up! 

Been working on getting some of the factory-building elements up and running!

Any feedback welcome!

https://youtu.be/zTXSdvKs5lc

liked the colors and drawings

This weeks episode covers how I got saws working and some other updates!

This topic is closed to new replies.

Advertisement