Sharing My Game and Request for Publisher

Started by
10 comments, last by Codeloader_Dev 3 years, 2 months ago

Hi all! I'm new here.

Posting to share my game and also request publishing recommendations! I don't know who would publish a game like mine but I don't think I can do the marketing well enough without one.

My game is called VRMN NVZN “vermin invasion”. It's like space invaders combined with Halo. It is a scrolling black and white shooter, with a story and cinematics.

Trailer on YouTube:

Let me know what you guys think about my work. Also if you know of any publisher I could talk to. Really need help! Thanks <3

Luke

Advertisement

@fleabay I respect that. Shitty name, I've heard it before. Would you be surprised to hear that I took the project and name from an artist? :^)

Sad to hear you think the name sucks, though. I'd heard it from family members, that they couldn't read it.

I don't have a direct answer to your question of a publisher, but I do know if a resource that might provide some leads:

A user on Twitter posted a list of game-dev resources--amongst them a long list of publishers, including website URLs, a sampling of published games, platforms published to, and more!

I'd suggest taking a look--if you research the publishers listed, you may find some that seem like they might have an interest in your game!

(Note that I have seen it suggested that you ask devs who have worked with a given publisher for their experiences with said publisher--likely in private.)

Here's the Twitter-post that links to the resource-document:

MWAHAHAHAHAHAHA!!!

My Twitter Account: @EbornIan

Great suggestion from @thaumaturge . There's also https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/List_of_video_game_publishers​ but it just lists them. Still a starting point for a search - worthwhile to cross-check with Alan's list.

-- Tom Sloper -- sloperama.com

@Tom Sloper I did see that on Wikipedia, but I couldn't find NewBlood Interactive anywhere on there, which was suspicious, because they've published several solid indie games like DUSK and Amid Evil. But I'd take a guess that the Wiki page wouldn't list indie publishers because the list wouldn't load. :^)

fivemoreminix said:
suspicious

How so?

-- Tom Sloper -- sloperama.com

fivemoreminix said:
I did see that on Wikipedia, but I couldn't find NewBlood Interactive anywhere on there, which was suspicious, because they've published several solid indie games like DUSK and Amid Evil.

It may simply be that the list is incomplete. (Indeed, I doubt that any one list will be entirely complete.) In this case, I could imagine that no-one has yet thought to add that one publisher to that specific list.

fivemoreminix said:
But I'd take a guess that the Wiki page wouldn't list indie publishers because the list wouldn't load. :^)

Based on a quick search or two, I do see indie publishers on the list, so it doesn't seem that it's been omitted due to the list holding only non-indie publishers.

(Indeed, I note that Wikipedia doesn't even seen to have an article on New Blood, so it may be that the company just hasn't been well-noticed by those who edit Wikipedia.)

Conversely, Raw Fury for example seems to both have an article and be on the list.

MWAHAHAHAHAHAHA!!!

@Tom Sloper Suspicious in the sense of using that page to find indie publishers small enough to publish my game. If NewBlood isn't there, then I am probably not going to find a publisher smaller there. That's all I meant when I said “suspicious." I'm sure it's a good listing, just not for my niche case.

fivemoreminix said:
Suspicious in the sense of using that page to find indie publishers small enough to publish my game. If NewBlood isn't there, then I am probably not going to find a publisher smaller there. That's all I meant when I said “suspicious.

Hmm…

While the list does seem to include some smallish publishers, checking it against the list in previously-linked spreadsheet does also suggest that it is missing a number of small publishers.

On that note, however, did you check said spreadsheet? It contains quite a few small publishers, I do believe!

MWAHAHAHAHAHAHA!!!

This topic is closed to new replies.

Advertisement