Board games vs Video games

Started by
8 comments, last by taby 1 year, 5 months ago

Heya,

So recently I've been making board games to gain some design experience after running into programming trouble a lot when making video games. I recently made a revelation after working with the constraints board games have:

Board games are easy to make and hard to make fun. Video games are hard to make, easy to make fun.

Do y'all agree?

None

Advertisement

Well, there is Mario Party. What are you programming in? Have you tried Unreal Engine 5?

I don't think video games are any easier to make fun than board games. Unless you mean that you personally find video games more fun in general than board games, in which case, fair enough.

taby said:
What are you programming in? Have you tried Unreal Engine 5?

I work in Gamemaker studio 2. My computer doesn't have a chance of running Unreal Engine 5 lmao.

None

a light breeze said:
I don't think video games are any easier to make fun than board games.

Personally I think it is harder. Like you can make a few mins of fun easily when making video games(It is harder to make that longer though), but I don't feel the same for board games

a light breeze said:
Unless you mean that you personally find video games more fun in general than board games, in which case, fair enough.

I generally do find video games more fun

None

@gamechfo You'd be surprised at the performance of UE5 on low-end hardware, like mine. This fluid simulation runs in real-time.

@taby When I looked up the required specs it was rly high (Edit: Never mind, looked it up again and it looks like I could run it)

Would it run ok on this?

None

Well, if you have like 50GB of hard drive space to spare, then you should download Unreal Engine 5.1.0. Yeah, my entire laptop was $900 altogether, from 2 years ago. One can buy a fancy new video card alone for that price LOL

P.S. Udemy is having a flash sale today. They have a ton of good unreal engine tutorials.

This topic is closed to new replies.

Advertisement