The use of audio as a game mechanic

Started by
5 comments, last by Thaumaturge 1 year, 5 months ago

*SURVEY*

I'm studying video game audio for my dissertation at university, particularly how it can be used as a game mechanic and I would be grateful for some help. I'm using a questionnaire to gather feedback about players gameplay experiences, attitudes towards certain aspects of game audio and the hardware they use for listening to their games. This information will then help to inform the design and development of an audio game in Unity. It should only take about 5 minutes to complete but responses would be really helpful, more info can be found at the start of the survey and all responses are anonymous. Thank you in advance to anyone that takes the time to complete it!

Link to the questionnaire: https://forms.office.com/Pages/ResponsePage.aspx?id=CBLvBzxBXkuc3WTvMFdU8IFWevoe9ItOlo98AGkrfIFUQ0RUTzE0VVFYSFlUQTBGMzIzVFoxUEtTUy4u

Advertisement

Survey (not mentioned in post title). Moved to the Lounge.

-- Tom Sloper -- sloperama.com

I've filled out the survey, I believe!

If I may, I found the list of genres to be a little awkward to work with: there were some ambiguous redundancies (-e.g. “strategy” and “realtime strategy”, or “combat” and “first person shooter”), and there were genres that I might have wanted that didn't seem to have good options available (e.g. “point-and-click adventure”--I chose “puzzle” as the nearest, but it's not a good fit, I feel--and “action-adventure”--one might go with “combat”, but again it's not a good fit, I feel).

Anyway, I hope that my answers to the survey help!

MWAHAHAHAHAHAHA!!!

My Twitter Account: @EbornIan

I once had the idea of using sounds as means by which the player can be informed about the position of same team bots. Unreal CTF had a tiny bit of that. I’m not sure how practical my idea is, as it can prove difficult to focus on several things at the same time.

My project`s facebook page is “DreamLand Page”

@Thaumaturge Thanks for completing it and thanks for the feedback! I found it quite hard to reduce all game genres down to a list without making it really long since there's so many different and overlapping genres, I've added an “other” option so people can add genres they feel aren't represented within the list.

BFree said:
Thanks for completing it and thanks for the feedback!

It's my pleasure. ^_^

BFree said:
I found it quite hard to reduce all game genres down to a list without making it really long since there's so many different and overlapping genres …

Indeed, I imagine that making a manageable list would be quite hard!

BFree said:
… I've added an “other” option so people can add genres they feel aren't represented within the list.

Thank you for that. ^_^

MWAHAHAHAHAHAHA!!!

My Twitter Account: @EbornIan

This topic is closed to new replies.

Advertisement