Game development knownledge

Started by
13 comments, last by Tom Sloper 1 year, 5 months ago

@Askerion

Askerion said:

@undefined ty very much. I just wanted a start to my research on the topic. Sry for asking but you guys don’t need to be pissed. I clearly don‘t know anything about game dev so I had to find a start. which way is better than asking people that know a lot about game dev? currently watching a lot of gdc to educate myself and the process involved in developing. wish you the best and thank you again for helping.

Good luck with your class.

-- Tom Sloper -- sloperama.com

Advertisement

@undefined Again this ain’t about a school assignmen. I want to get a start to my research. yes this questions were not properly formulated and not detailed enough i get it. there is no need to be pissed about It. again ty for your help. I just want to understand what a good game is about and to know if a team can deliver what they promised. won’t ever ask again before doing my research. ty for pointing that out…

Askerion said:
I just want … to know if a team can deliver what they promised.

So the real issue is you have an idea for a game, and you want to research how to go about making the game, so you don't put in too much into working with the wrong development team. You could have said so in the first place. Like I said, it's better to ask about the thing you're really trying to find out, rather than external questions that just paint some of the background behind the real issue.

Askerion said:

Hey, so basically im really interested in the making of a game and want to know any information regarding the process.

1. I would love to know how the number of developers affect the dev time of a game. I know this also depeds on the complexity, budget, genre etc. (what else)

2. what genres take the longest ? (my thoughts are 3D based games, MMOs, first person shooters)

3. what makes a game complex? By that I mean what are the most complex features? (mechanics, designe, story?) what am I missing ?

4. how much does it cost to make a mobile game, indie game, AAA game? and where does the most money flow into?

5. what are known gameplay loops? and wich ones are the most addictive?

6. when is someone a experienced game developer? How do i know if she/he is any good? How should a team look like for a mobile, indie or AAA game or in general for developing any game?

Ty for taking the time to read/answer. Any help for any question above would help me alot. I hope you have a great day and keep on building.

1. AAA games take tons of devs.
  2. Depends on the game.
  3. I'd say the amount of levels.
  4. Once again, AAA the most.
  5. logic-draw-input-repeat.
  6. Doesn't matter how long you've been in the industry, but how experience you accumulated, ie. how much you learned.

Thread necroed by a spammer. Thread locked.

This topic is closed to new replies.

Advertisement