My Nvidia Drivers Automatically Uninstalls after reboot.

Started by
3 comments, last by HeberCrooks 2 years, 9 months ago

One of the PC I am using is having problem and it's Nvidia drivers are automatically getting uninstalled. Any idea how can I get it fixed?

Advertisement

Id' check your bios date , probably it is not matching the package installation date , if this happens after reboot this would be the first thing i'd check

Di you install or update something from Nvidia in beforehand, maybe a silently automatic update which got stuck somewhere? I know those ‘things’ sometimes add an instruction into either the autostart section of Windows or a scheduled task which performs an autoclean. This happens when an update is about to be installed and something (an old driver) needs to be removed first in order to work properly. If the update then stuck somewhere in between, the instruction or task still exists and needs to be removed manually.

A tool like CCCleaner can help here as it is capable of showing all the autostart things on your system.

If this doesn't work and you can't seem to find another cause, perform a clean reinstall of the drivers. AMD for example provides a removal tool which gets rid of everything left on your system, maybe Nvidia has something similar

Thanks a lot guys. I was able to fix the issue from here.

This topic is closed to new replies.

Advertisement