Can you give feedback on my game website?

Started by
30 comments, last by Tom Sloper 2 years, 9 months ago

francisbaud said:

First impression I really love the image with the extraterrestrials in the background, looks very original. As for the buttons at the top, maybe on a PC I would have preferred to see the distinct categories at the top (e.g. Community, FAQ, etc.) rather than all of them hidden behind one menu button (I'm aware on tablet the one menu button is more useful though).

Are you saying it’s fine like it is for PC, but for tablet you’d want a it to be hidden behind one button? Tab to slide out all the options?

As for the high number of platforms, the Unity engine makes it easy to distribute to multiple platforms. I already got it working on an android tablet with minimal effort. Yes, I’m aware that there’s more to releasing on another platform other than just getting it to run and compile, but I think it’s worthwhile for a game like this, which translates well into a tablet.

Advertisement

totesmagotes said:

francisbaud said:

First impression I really love the image with the extraterrestrials in the background, looks very original. As for the buttons at the top, maybe on a PC I would have preferred to see the distinct categories at the top (e.g. Community, FAQ, etc.) rather than all of them hidden behind one menu button (I'm aware on tablet the one menu button is more useful though).

Are you saying it’s fine like it is for PC, but for tablet you’d want a it to be hidden behind one button? Tab to slide out all the options?

As for the high number of platforms, the Unity engine makes it easy to distribute to multiple platforms. I already got it working on an android tablet with minimal effort. Yes, I’m aware that there’s more to releasing on another platform other than just getting it to run and compile, but I think it’s worthwhile for a game like this, which translates well into a tablet.

What I get when I visit the website on my PC is this:

However, when I put the zoom at 90%, I correctly get all the menus displayed at the top of the website page. It may just be an issue on my end (I remember something similar happened on another website) with the mobile version being displayed instead of the PC/Chrome version.

None

For some reason this web site takes forever to load for me, even though I am on fiber optics internet connection. You may consider change hosting provider, I guess.

Another point from general site building point of view - your main page does not call to any action. Just a nice art, that is it. Art is nice, btw, and overall aesthetics is good. However, ever web site has a goal. You most likely have a goal to gather user for your future game. So why don't you offer them to follow your project in social networks for example, so they can get news from you when such as product launch?

And by the way, web site does not have favicon and image in open graph markup is totally wrong for sharing in social network.

Try to send a link to your web site to some one in whatsapp or share it on Facebook and you will understand what I mean.

tomater said:

For some reason this web site takes forever to load for me, even though I am on fiber optics internet connection. You may consider change hosting provider, I guess.

Yes, I think this is because of a shared hosting plan. The speed varies from time to time.

Another point from general site building point of view - your main page does not call to any action. Just a nice art, that is it. Art is nice, btw, and overall aesthetics is good. However, ever web site has a goal. You most likely have a goal to gather user for your future game. So why don't you offer them to follow your project in social networks for example, so they can get news from you when such as product launch?

Well, there's a mailing list sign up at the bottom (which isn't active yet), but I should probably add a facebook page and a twitter account.

roatikos said:

man i'm so sorry if i hurt you i was underweather that day and when i am underweather i say wolrds i dont whant to say

No worries, you didn't hurt my feelings. I didn't even make the site myself. I'm here looking for criticism of the site. Even harsh criticism doesn't bother me, but it's gotta be constructive. “This site is ugly” doesn't help, but if it's: “This page is ugly, because this image here is too pixely, etc..” does.

2 you can put a download early acces button

The game is still in a prototypical stage, so I'm not distributing copies.

totesmagotes said:

Well, there's a mailing list sign up at the bottom (which isn't active yet), but I should probably add a facebook page and a twitter account.

There is no point hiding it. Call to action should be very visible, and common practice is to display it on the first screen of the web site. And in many other places, too.

Five months after someone asked a question, they're probably not still looking for an answer. In other words: please don't necro. Thread locked.

-- Tom Sloper -- sloperama.com

This topic is closed to new replies.

Advertisement