Hide the Nvidia overlay in my app

Started by
5 comments, last by who_say_pawno 3 years, 4 months ago
Message by nvidia
FPS by nvidia

I use DirectX to draw something in my desktop app. This is not a game. Accordingly, this overlay only gets in the way. Can I somehow tell Nvidia that it is not necessary to open the overlay in my application? As far as I know, Chrome also uses the graphical API for drawing primitives. But Nvidia does not offer to open this overlay in it. How did they do it?

I'll have two number 9s, a number 9 large, a number 6 with extra dip, a number 7, two number 45s, one with cheese, and a large soda.

Advertisement

look in Chromium source code, it might tell you how they did it…:

https://github.com/chromium/chromium​

@ddlox I think it's easier to find the address of the chief engineer of NVIDIA and ask him directly how to disable this thing.

I'll have two number 9s, a number 9 large, a number 6 with extra dip, a number 7, two number 45s, one with cheese, and a large soda.

ok that's cool too, please remember to share your results here so it can benefit the community, if that's ok with you…

Until then ?

I noticed this overlay starts to appear when you add your binary to the settings in NVIDIA Control Panel. I can reliably cause it to appear by adding, and disappear by removing it from there.

If it appears here try removing it and it should get rid of this overlay (but maybe there are other ways it figures out the launched binary “might be a game”…

Where are we and when are we and who are we?
How many people in how many places at how many times?

@noizex I would like the program to somehow do it itself, and not the user to change the settings. So in general you cannot install the Nvidia driver and there will be no overlay either :/

This topic is closed to new replies.

Advertisement