Island Survival Game

Started by
7 comments, last by Thomassu 3 years, 9 months ago

Hello everyone, I'm very excited to share the project that I've been working on with you guys. the game I've been working on does not have a name yet, still figuring that out. I've been working on it for a couple months and am very happy with the result so far. There is however still a long way to go and maybe some of you want to follow the development process.

The game is about a man stranded on a deserted island with no possessions whatsoever. The goal is to escape the island and to figure out how to do this. The island is riddled with many secrets, events, animals and npc's to interact with. The player has to discover the island and while doing this also survive. It will be difficult to find warmth, food and water every day while also protecting yourself from the many threats on the island.

The trailer shown above doesn't cover even close to what I've been working on in the last months. I've been putting out progress video's on my youtube channel. So here are some links.

Links:

Here is one of those progress videos

Don't know what this is
Advertisement

Just worked on a new trailer, You can try out this demo on the discord server

Don't know what this is

Hey guys, as some of you may remember I was working on adding books to the game a while back. The idea was that once the player had completed certain tasks he would receive the "item guide" book, that contains information about each item in the game. The past couple days I've tried to change the structure of the book a bit because I didn;t like the old version, I tried to give it a wiki-like structure. Now the book contains categories of items with each category showing the items that the player has "unlocked". The player can click on these items and it will show some information about it + the crafting recipe.

Don't know what this is

Hey guys, I recently created an itch.io page for this game, where you can also download the current (unfinished) version of the game. https://thomassu.itch.io/island-survival-game

Don't know what this is

Recently I've been working on trying to add player customization to the game. You can now play both as a male and a female. You can change the hair color, skin tone and clothing color.

Don't know what this is

Coral reefs:

Don't know what this is

Some time has passed and I've been working on improving the caves in the game. There are some new features: Rats, Glowing mushrooms, mushrooms, bones and skulls. As well as some improvements: new sprites for cave walls, cave entrance and more. The player can enter the cave now from underwater and from the surface.

Don't know what this is

Been a while (again) but the development has finally started again. The latest addition to the game is blowpipes and darts. There are currently 3 types of darts; The normal dart, poison dart and the sedative dart. Each dart and their function is shown in this clip.

Don't know what this is

This topic is closed to new replies.

Advertisement