What's is the best story game you've played?

Started by
27 comments, last by ARF Initiative 5 years, 5 months ago

I know there are some games which stories just changed all. Stories that got us involved in for a long time. Those stories became a really important part of our favorite video games libraries. 

I'm just thinking about games I really enjoy because their stories are simply amazing. And so, this is my Top 3:

Last of Us.

This story of a surrogate father and daughter fighting for personal survival, forging bonds, and looking toward the survival of the entire human race is at times triumphant and others painful.

The Witcher.

The kind of story you will enjoy playing for 200 hours. No doubt. It's a complex but classic story of knights, witches, magic, gods, betrayals, transformations and love. Put everything together and let the story both hits and subverts fantasy and adventure. You can't blink your eyes or you'll loose something important about the game.

Zelda: Ocarina of time.

Probably the best game I've played in my whole life. Not only for the story (it's another Link story more, yeah, but deeper), but also for what it means to me (my early times playing video games).

Obviously, there are much more games to talk about (Bioshock, for example). What are your Top3 Story Games?

Join us on Discord: https://discord.gg/PPAed7Z

Advertisement

My top 3 story games would be:

Xenoblade Chronicles

It does start off generic and slow, but when it picks up, everything is just mind = blown. That's all I'll say because it's really good, and I don't want to spoil what happens. If you love your sanity, don't expect the same from Xenoblade Chronicles X or 2.

The Legend of Heroes: Trails of Cold Steel

Mostly because talking to NPCs between every plot advancement actually paid off either in getting tangible rewards or very interesting dialogue that only got better if you kept talking to them while the story continued. It also made sense for these NPCs to say responsive yet profound dialogue for the plot. I will say that the ending sucked, though.

Time and Eternity

Ok, I know this game has a really bad reputation because the first 80% is garbage and a total harem, but I couldn't believe the last 20% of the story along with the last few sidequests were able to redeem all the trash I had to sort through first. The story doesn't excuse the trashy gameplay one bit, but we're not talking about gameplay.

"If I had the power of a god, I'd prevent others from obtaining that same power and throw mine away, even if I had to kill myself, because no matter how good the intentions may be, using omnipotence will have trade-offs for the good and bad but on an infinite scale beyond human imagination."

I only have 1 because I don't play a lot of story heavy games. Night In The Woods has a fantastic story and great visuals. I think the main reason the story is so great is because the characters all feel really real. I don't know how this compares to other story games though, because as I said I haven't played many.

"The bigger they are, the larger they are."

I'm just going to be cliche because it's true. FF7 was the absolute best story. At 16 I had not been immersed in a game like that before, and it was also the first RPG I beat. They wanted players to beat it, which meant a lot to the game. Chrono Trigger comes in second. Took three attempts and hard grinding on the third to beat it. Really good. Mario RPG was another really good one for me, although I only made it to Smithy's Castle. Runner ups are Resident Evil, Silent Hill, and Still Life. I'm not sure if they can all be considered story games, but they had a decent story.

Eeks Games is currently working on Other Realms, an immersive RPG experience for die hard fans.

https://www.gamedev.net/projects/1003-other-realms/

My top-3 favorite games of all time that inspired me to developed games as a hobby, but to each his own and here's mine ^_^Y

Craft(franchise) StarCraft/WarCraft | PC

Particular(StarCraft): While others are playing Counter Strike to one of my favorite internet cafe, well that's back in the day :)) I play StarCraft and trying to find someone to beat over local area, love the story and the game-play balance I'm still playing StarCraft 2 up to this day. it's to fans to find out what happened to Kerrigan ^_^y Oopss and yeah can't wait for WarCraft 3 reforged to be released in 2019.

Allow me to post some of my pic:
STARCRAFT.jpg.1e8285941b632d487425771ad567f0ff.jpg

Halo (franchise)| Xbox

Particular(Reach): I like Master Chief, Cortana and the story, now who doesn't want a sci-fi military action shooter game with an AI babe at your side and who knows cortana is already installed on your windows too ? It's the only First person shooter game I play on console that I wanted to finish all the campaign. I played all of the series (1,2,wars,reach,4) from PC to Xbox to Xbox 360 and I'm also planning to buy Xbox One just to play Halo 5 and Halo infinite oo( Ok let's include Gears of War and Forza ).

HALOS.thumb.JPG.5c4f9accd70aedc7556aac720f8a5041.JPG

Legend of Zelda (franchise) | Nintendo

Particular(Ocarina of time): Legend of zelda series very well known to gamers specially if your a nintendo fans I love all the series because it relates to every series in different time and of course it was designed by Mr. Shigeru Miyamoto who also create Mario, Donkey kong, Pikmin and StarFox ^_^y Still playing Breath of the wild.

ZELDAS2.JPG.97dd2e002563c53d3ac6c210426b48ad.JPG

FF7, then FF10, and I really loved Witcher 3, to me it's up there with FF7 and FF10

I can say "Playdead's Inside". 

“Inside expands on the concepts and scope of its predecessor in wildly creative ways, and it's so immaculately designed and constructed from top to bottom that it almost feels suitable for display in an art museum. This is one hell of a followup.”

----------------

Games

On 11/30/2018 at 4:45 AM, DexterZ101 said:

My top-3 favorite games of all time that inspired me to developed games as a hobby, but to each his own and here's mine ^_^Y

Craft(franchise) StarCraft/WarCraft | PC

Particular(StarCraft): While others are playing Counter Strike to one of my favorite internet cafe, well that's back in the day :)) I play StarCraft and trying to find someone to beat over local area, love the story and the game-play balance I'm still playing StarCraft 2 up to this day. it's to fans to find out what happened to Kerrigan ^_^y Oopss and yeah can't wait for WarCraft 3 reforged to be released in 2019.

STARCRAFT.jpg.1e8285941b632d487425771ad567f0ff.jpg

Halo (franchise)| Xbox

Particular(Reach): I like Master Chief, Cortana and the story, now who doesn't want a sci-fi military action shooter game with an AI babe at your side and who knows cortana is already installed on your windows too ? It's the only First person shooter game I play on console that I wanted to finish all the campaign. I played all of the series (1,2,wars,reach,4) from PC to Xbox to Xbox 360 and I'm also planning to buy Xbox One just to play Halo 5 and Halo infinite oo( Ok let's include Gears of War and Forza ).

HALOS.thumb.JPG.5c4f9accd70aedc7556aac720f8a5041.JPG

Legend of Zelda (franchise) | Nintendo

Particular(Ocarina of time): Legend of zelda series very well known to gamers specially if your a nintendo fans I love all the series because it relates to every series in different time and of course it was designed by Mr. Shigeru Miyamoto who also create Mario, Donkey kong, Pikmin and StarFox ^_^y Still playing Breath of the wild.

ZELDAS2.JPG.97dd2e002563c53d3ac6c210426b48ad.JPG

I can see that when you love a game, you love all about it. That's so cool, man! Love your Zelda Series.

Join us on Discord: https://discord.gg/PPAed7Z

2 hours ago, Esteban5XG said:

I can see that when you love a game, you love all about it. That's so cool, man! Love your Zelda Series.

Thank's man  I really love it Bru : ((  Some post on this thread has love for Legend of Zelda Story, Because I'm a fan I even collected some of it's figures and my  Zelda OOT on N64 still working : - D

ZELDA.thumb.jpg.e2438b9e32334f9e4069f09835a98eac.jpg

EDIT : and of course the legendary quote It's dangerous to go alone : - D

GOALONE3.jpg.81ab5036c99b1ccb78cdf1958377648c.jpg

This topic is closed to new replies.

Advertisement