Story ideas needed

Started by
1 comment, last by Powellbr 7 years, 4 months ago

Hi all, this is my first time on here and I'm new to the industry. I'm looking to build a game on the Unreal engine because I'm not skilled at all in C++ and have had the idea for my story for a while. Mind you, it's not even close to finished and I'm currently working on writing it, however I'd like some ideas for some stuff. Here's what I have written so far.

The cold war never ended. World War 3 had started and ended because of an attack where chemical weapons were detonated in major city centers in Europe simultaneously, killing hundreds and injuring thousands. The culprits were reported initially to have connections to the Foreign Intelligence Service, one of Russia’s intelligence agencies, however, by the end of the war it was found out that it was actually agents who were working for intelligence agencies of nations that were never the friendliest towards Russia. Our real enemy wasn’t the Russians, it wasn’t the Chinese, or the Iranians. It was a breakaway society that left earth to create a new society that they rule on Mars in a new era of Feudalism and had their soldiers patrolling what was left . However, they weren’t content with relinquishing their control on this world.

They funded the rise of groups that killed police, tried to have brown shirt fascist language policing policies implemented by governments around the world, and pushed gender-based supremacy and sold it as equality and had people boycotted if they didn’t agree with them.

75 years later, the breakaway society that they had formed on Mars, what they called Elysion, was fully established and self sustaining. Everything from agriculture and the reaping of the crops to waste removal and maintenance was preformed by robots.

One night, you and your parents are walking home from a movie and you were noticed by a group of soldiers that are occupying your town and they’re obviously drunk. They turn towards you and your family, stop you, and ask for a bribe to let you pass. Your father pays the bribe but one of the soldiers turns towards your mother and starts flirting with her but she’s obviously not interested. He starts groping her and she tries to pull away but he punches her across the jaw, causing your father to turn to attack him but he gets knocked down by the other two soldiers. The one who was feeling up your mother drags her into the nearby alleyway and rapes her. Your father tries to go and save her and one of the soldiers kills him, shooting him twice in the chest with his sidearm. The other one detains you and when the soldier that’s raping your mother finishes and shoots her in the back of her head. They turn to shoot you also but all the commotion alerted the rebels that are hiding in your town and they come and rescue you, killing the soldiers in the process. You were taken by them to their hideout in the abandoned subway and you lived with them for a time, initially helping with chores like washing clothes and helping prepare meals, and as you aged and became an adult, you took on more duties like finding supplies like food, ammo, guns, and other things. On one trip out to find supplies, you and your group got wind from an abandoned military base that they’re developing

((((Story ends here currently)))

(Yes, I wrote in Comic Sans.)

I would like to get some ideas about some forms of control, censorship, and a biological weapon that they would be developing to try and enforce their rule. Now that I reread the way I've wrote the society that lives on Mars, it kind of sounds like the Martian civilization on Aldnoah Zero, an anime that I really loved when I watched it, might watch it again for research along with others like Gundam AGE, Valvrave the Liberator, and Neon Genesis Evangellion.

Anyway, thanks in advance.

Advertisement

To be clear, which direction do you kind of want your story to lean in:

A) Specifically focusing on the main character's struggles and conflicts as he and his comrades fight against this oppressive force in a series of one-off missions/expeditions (?)

B) Focus more on the politics surrounding the precarious relationship between the two worlds, their administrators, and how they interact with their citizens. (?)

C) Combination of both.

It's kind of hard to come up with ideas for your story, you've only given what is essentially a synopsis. We also don't know anything about the characters you plan to introduce beyond the MC. Knowing the genre of the game would be helpful too. Also, I wouldn't recommend using Aldnoah Zero or Valvrave as references. In light of those, I'd recommend something like Legend of the Galactic Heroes (since it looks like you're sticking to anime).

To be clear, which direction do you kind of want your story to lean in:

A) Specifically focusing on the main character's struggles and conflicts as he and his comrades fight against this oppressive force in a series of one-off missions/expeditions (?)

B) Focus more on the politics surrounding the precarious relationship between the two worlds, their administrators, and how they interact with their citizens. (?)

C) Combination of both.

It's kind of hard to come up with ideas for your story, you've only given what is essentially a synopsis. We also don't know anything about the characters you plan to introduce beyond the MC. Knowing the genre of the game would be helpful too. Also, I wouldn't recommend using Aldnoah Zero or Valvrave as references. In light of those, I'd recommend something like Legend of the Galactic Heroes (since it looks like you're sticking to anime).

I got thinking about it and it seems like a really big gap though between the events the MC's parents getting killed Dark Knight style and getting word of the weapon that's being built and got thinking that the MC is ~15 when he witnesses his parents getting killed and ~19-20 when the weapon is being built and was thinking of adding that around ~17, your character gets a call from your next door neighbor, a brunette girl about your age, that the secret police start gathering up your friends to see if they know where you disappeared to and you find out because apparently your friends' parents are actually supporting the rebels with funding and your parents were helping plan out a revolution against the feudal warlords ruling from another planet and that's why they were killed and it wasn't just a random double murder. The genre I was planning on was somewhere between fps and rpg because I cut my teeth on fps games like CoD and Halo, I was thinking of option C for the route it would take, and other than your friends and their family that you rescue from the secret police before their assassination.

The reason I was thinking of using Aldnoah.Zero and Valvrave (at least before I couldn't find a dub of Valvrave) for ideas about how to set up the martian society is I grew up watching Gundam Seed and other shows, however, since I can't find a dub of Valvrave, I'm going to replace it with Code Geasse in my watch list along with IIRC Guilty Crown, never actually finished that dub though so it should be good to try and finish it. Anyway, I hope I've helped with that info.

This topic is closed to new replies.

Advertisement