Looking for additional Game Engine Developers (m/w/d); any experience level

Started by
8 comments, last by Shaarigan 2 years, 2 months ago

Dear reader,

we're a small team of developers and game development enthusiasts of a wide range of professional level from beginner to several years of professional industry experience, running a non-profit project where we do what we love, creating games and the technology behind it. Because it is a lot of work and to strengthen our highly motivated team with fresh know-how, we're looking for some

Game Engine Developer (m/w/d)

to add their expertise into our team. It doesn't matter if you're a beginner or many years of professional software developer. We however prefer any games and/or game engine/tooling background or at least a highly self-motivated interest of our wonderful busines!

You are looking for a challenge, to work with motivated professionals and semi professionals of the games industry and video games are you passion? Sure you are, otherwise you weren't here at all I guess! Working from the ground up to a well designed, implemented, enhanceed and proper functioning tool is what makes you breath. You love to enhance engine possibilities and help improve the effectiveness of the production team with quality editing and content creation solutions. Then you are at the right place to take your seat as a developer side-by-side with our technical lead.

Framework

Our team has made a lot of progress in past 2 years, from the first idea and a prototype up to a the philosophy which all our tools and the development follows. Our software is designed to be highly flexible and modular, making use of technologies like NPM to easily manage projects to fulfil a developers needs without any compromise up to our project-less and easy to use and customize build pipeline Hecate. Everything was crafted from scratch and published to our GitHub.

While we're still working on the graphical UI part of our tooling, preparations are also made to start into C++ game engine development very soon. Not that we didn't prototyped that as well but there is still some work to do in order to follow our quality standards.

Monetization

This is a passion, not just a job and so we don't expect this to generate lots of income yet. But everybody will get a fair share based on a scoring that measures the amount and quality of contribution from our cash plan. Anyways, we want to share anything with all participants as long as our daily costs for Server, Taxes and so on are payed. I hope you'll understand that.

Licensing

Anything will be published under the AGPLv3 license to offer fairnes and transparency to everyone.

Your Role

• Analyze existing features in the engine and available tools and suggest improvements by designing and implementing new systems whenever necessary
  • Be higly motivated to get into new and exotic topics in order to aspire for the best voerall result
  • Document the work to transfer knowledge and enable users to understand how to use the systems and features

Requirements

• Self motivation, self motivation and self motivation; we can't play babysitters all the time!
  • A moderate knowledge of C# as this is the language our tools are mainly written in
  • Be able to work remotely for at least 5 hours per week (flexible schedule, life takes precedence)
  • Moderate response time on Discord out of your working hours at this project
  • A verified Discord Account (as this is the preferred communication channel)
  • (Be at Timezone GMT +2 or similar if that matters to you)

Your Skills

• Passionate gamer and developer for a recent time
  • Good communication skills on a daily basis
  • Experience in HTML5/CSS3 and graphics programming and/or UI is considered a plus
  • Good knowledge of the English language

Considered a Plus

• Knowledge of the German language (not a must have!)
  • Technical affinity

Finally, I can't say anymore than thank you for taking the time to read my full post and hopefully you think about getting into this. Let me know if you have any questions and/ or are interested to join either via PM, reaching out to me on Discord or join our established Discord Server (Server-ID: FTy4UD5 ;please note, no personal communication in public channels, I highly set on data protection) and checkout our GitHub. Please leave a short introduction including a few words of what have you already done (or are planning to do) so I know who I'm facing.

I'm looking forward to your comments!

Advertisement

Hello, @sharingan Is this a blessing in disguise? How can one score an Interview?
Ageless Philosopher of the Body, Mind and Soul on a mission to spread #Peace, #Love, #Unity and #Respect.

I would love to write a beautiful intro in the commentary, but I would adore meeting you face to face. I do believe that we would need at least a month of dialogue until you truly understand why I would be perfect for your project.

Long a time gamer; 14 years of World of Warcraft experience (raid leading), 12 years of DotA and a whole lotta skill in between.

I have not had a chance to learn any web development yet and the only coding familiar to me - is making macros in World of Warcraft.

Oh yes, I also speak: Croatian, English, German and Russian - I hope this summary was not too cheeky and I am looking forward to your reply.

I would love to learn #Linux one day, because philosophically it is the Truest and most Honest of all the languages (after Sanskrit - I mean). ?

"Success is the Progressive Realization of a Worthy Ideal"

- Dr Earl Nightingale

User Domagoj Barisic - Stack Overflow
https://github.com/baraBlz
https://barablz.com/
https://domagojbarisic.substack.com/
Domagoj Barisic | LinkedIn

Domagoj Barisic (@bara.blz) • Instagram

Domagoj Barisic (facebook.com)

BaraBlz (@BaraBlz) / Twitter

@barablz I'm sorry

Shaarigan said:
Requirements

A moderate knowledge of C# as this is the language our tools are mainly written in

Just curious. So the final goal is an entirely new game engine? ………. If so I'll get in my standard whine and complain about lack of double precision coordinate support in most game engines :-D

Our SDK isn't made to “just create a new game engine” but yes, one of our goals is to finally create one which fulfills the technical needs to make a game one day which has some specific requirements, especially in the server tech. But it should also fix some major design issues in our team's opinion.

For example the lack of specialization of major game engines like Unreal and Unity which you pay for by downloading several GBs of data. Our SDK is designed to provide a general component basis but at the same time allows for highly customizable project composition. Think of NPM but you could decide to use packages either project local or SDK global.

We also have a powerful data driven build pipeline which can be customized using only a few general configuration options and adds more functionality via sub-modules (aka plugins). You can read the full description of it here https://github.com/SchroedingerEntertainment/Hecate/blob/main/README.md​. I simply experienced too much trouble with build-scripts and make(ish) systems to not use a data driven approach. This is however inspired by UBT (Unreal Build Tool) but doesn't use any C# files to control the build, everything is in control by command line arguments passed from the user, data on disk and the actors loaded at runtime which work driven by the input passed to the pipeline and create output which is also input for other actors.

And our philosophy is to provide everything as simple as possible; we are against monolithic libraries and instead try to provide atomic code modules. Atomic means that the module is exactly doing what it is supposed to, no more, no less. So if I have a windowing code module for example, it provides exactly that; window management on different platforms. It doesn't provide any fancy controls or themes or design schemes, just the windowing code and if you want fancy controls, you have to write a control module which is based on the windowing one. Precisely how it should be!

Back from christmas holidays we're still looking for people to join our team. If you're looking for a challange please feel free to contact us!

Our group is still looking to fill some open position in order to get the workload done more efficient. Please read my entry post carefully. Thank you and see ya soon!

I am interested , please contatc me at mailto:vp8671@libero.it​ so we can discuss about more in depth, i have a long time experience in c++ and opengl.

Programmer71 said:

I am interested , please contatc me at mailto:vp8671@libero.it​ so we can discuss about more in depth, i have a long time experience in c++ and opengl.

Thank your for your interest. Please PM me or join us on Discord so we can have a chat about it

This topic is closed to new replies.

Advertisement