Proof of Concept

Started by
3 comments, last by Tom Sloper 1 year, 5 months ago

For a proof of concept for a game, what would the writer be submitting? If nothing, then how do they submit current work? Is it in Excel plus word documents?

None

Advertisement

A ‘proof of concept’ is defined as something that you can show to people that proves that your game idea is viable, which is usually a playable demo. From a writing perspective, I'm not sure what you're asking, but I'm going to assume that you have an idea and you have writing samples, and you are looking to pitch them to a game company or producer. In that case, there are no rules, but I would suggest something concise, to the point, and graphical that shows off your idea - and also feels like your idea. Perhaps you could use the resources at canva.com to create a presentation that would interest people in your idea.

@DregsOfEarth Thank you! I do have Canva, so that's an option. I don't need proof of concept to pitch an idea because it's writing, then?

However, this is writing for a game idea that is quite a bit different than what is typically out there. It definitely involves programming to show that the character POV switches are possible and can flow smoothly with the story. Basically, it wouldn't hurt if I created a small demo to go along with the pitch?

None

School assignment (per other thread). Locked.

-- Tom Sloper -- sloperama.com

This topic is closed to new replies.

Advertisement