Help i'm so lost lol

Started by
1 comment, last by Tom Sloper 2 years, 7 months ago

Hello!

I'm an art student (first year) and am looking to make a game. I have this project in mind but aren't sure if it's possible. I have never coded before, but I do have a little bit of experience with 3D modeling. Basically, I would like to try making a twine style game, where the player has different paths and choices he can make, and every time he would make a decision, a 3D space would be created. Let me explain a little better, if he chooses to make a right, on another window (that he can't see for now), there would be a rectangular room that would get created. If he took a left, there would be a circular room created. Then, on another question, if he responds yes, then a door is added to the previous room he created. If he says no, then stairs are added. At the end of the game, so at the end of the decision making, the space the player unintentionally created is revealed.

I know it sounds a little weird, its for art school lol, but would it be possible ? To mix a 2D twine game with an invisible 3D space ? The graphics wouldn’t be crazy or anything.
I don't really know where to start, where I should look at. On what game creating engine I should create the game. Are there any tutorials that would specifically help me ? I've been looking but I'm completely lost right now haha.

Thank you so much for reading until now, if you have any suggestions please help!!! I'm really desperate right now lol

Advertisement

tessab75 said:
its for art school lol

Unfortunately, we have a no-homework-helping policy here. Talk to your professors and classmates.

tessab75 said:
but would it be possible ?

Anything is possible given enough time and money. Since you're a first-year student (and not a CS student) and you have limited time, and money is not involved, and you have to ask if it's possible, maybe you should try a less ambitious first project.

Because of our homework policy, this thread is locked.

-- Tom Sloper -- sloperama.com

This topic is closed to new replies.

Advertisement