Tools Programmer/ Engine Developer (m/w/d)

Started by
5 comments, last by Shaarigan 3 years ago

Dear reader,

we're a small team of developers and game development enthusiasts of a wide range of professional level from beginner to an 8-year industry professional, running a non-profit project where we do what we love, creating games and the technology behind from scratch. Because it is a lot of work and to strengthen our highly motivated team with fresh know-how, we're looking for

Tools Programmer/ Engine Developer (m/w/d)

You are looking for a challenge, to work with motivated professionals and semi professionals of the games industry and video games are you passion? Sure you are, otherwise you weren't here at all I guess! Working from the ground up to a well designed, implemented, enhanceed and proper functioning tool is what makes you breath. You love to enhance engine possibilities and help improve the effectiveness of the production team with quality editing and content creation solutions. Then you are at the right place to take your seat as a developer side-by-side with our technical lead.

Monetization

This is a passion, not just a job and so we don't expect this to generate lots of income yet. But everybody will get a fair share based on a scoring that measures the amount and quality of contribution from our cash plan. Anyways, we want to share anything with all participants as long as our daily costs for Server, Taxes and so on are payed. I hope you'll understand that.

Licensing

Anything will be publisched under the AGPLv3 license to offer fairnes and transparency to contributors and donators.

Your Role

• Analyze existing features in the engine and available tools and suggest improvements by designing and implementing new systems whenever necessary
  • Be higly motivated to get into new and exotic topics in order to aspire for the best voerall result
  • Document the work to transfer knowledge and enable users to understand how to use the systems and features

Requirements

• A moderate knowledge of C# as this is the language our tools are mainly written in
  • Be able to work remotely for at least 5 hours per week (flexible schedule, life takes precedence)
  • Moderate response time on Discord out of your working hours at this project
  • A verified Discord Account (as this is the preferred communication channel)
  • (Be at Timezone GMT +2 or similar if that matters to you)

Your Skills

• Passionate gamer and developer for a recent time
  • Experience in the games industry and/or high motivation to fill the role as producer
  • Strong communication skills and a spider sense for blocking issues in your face-to-face communication
  • Experience in HTML5/CSS3 and graphics programming and/or parsing code is considered a plus
  • Good knowledge of the English language

Considered a Plus

• Knowledge of the German language
  • Technical affinity

Finally, I can' say anymore than thank you for taking the time to read my full post and hopefully you think about getting into this. Let me know if you have any questions and/ or are interested to join either via PM, reaching out to me on Discord or join our freshly created Discord Server (please note, no personal communication in public channels, I highly set on data protection) and checkout our GitHub. Please leave a short introduction including a few words of what have you already done (or are planning to do) so I know who I'm facing.

I'm looking forward to your contact!

P.S.

Please reduce discussions in this thread to the required minimum to keep information clear for everyone. Thanks!

Advertisement

Could you contact me at vp8671@libero.it​ ?, I'd be interested as an engine/developer , i work mainly in c++ and opengl , soon I will be develop exclusively in Vulkan.

*bump

I was just curious about something. You're actual going to write a game engine itself in C#? What kind of game were you planning to make with it?

We don't write an engine but our development tools in C#. This has the background that we've created an open-source development workflow, which is insipred from web development. It means that all of our source code is split into packages/modules which can be included into a project as needed and along with all dependencies it requires. The engine code and some tools that share a codebase between development and production (some AI driven content generator systems for example) are also still written in C++.

The game I have in mind (in the future) is a server based, immersive multiplayer RPG on traditional media like PC and Consoles but also VR and whatever devices might be there in the future. While we develop everything in modules, it'll be no problem to replace outdated modules or add modules that support state of the art VR technology

Bringing this back on top as it is still up to date

This topic is closed to new replies.

Advertisement