Looking for hobbyists interested in making a game

Started by
0 comments, last by JeeCharns 4 years, 1 month ago

Hello all!

Thank you for reading this, my day job is working as a UX Designer (www.georgecharnley.com) but I am between jobs and have a few weeks free as I am isolated at home!

I'm looking for some like minded people who are interested in having fun and working together on a game in Unity. No pressure, no time commitment required and a supportive environment. We currently have two developers who have started working on the project.

I've dabbled in Unity on and off for a few years - I have a few unfinished hobby 2D projects, have worked on an unfinished game as a 3D texture artist and was lucky enough to get a week of work experience at Rare Studios a few years ago (when they were prototyping Sea of Thieves in Unity!).

In 2019 I had an idea for a game that would be (relatively) easy to prototype in Unity. It's a heavily simplified RTS that relies on emergent gameplay from a small number of varied unit types that counter each other in interesting ways. The way I would describe it is like a real-time version of chess. I tried building it myself, but couldn't nail the programming.

While I have lots of ideas for game design, Im not protective about the idea and would love to collaborate with everyone involved on gameplay ideas. I have documentation ready and a clear vision in mind for how to get a bare-bones MVP up and running. (Essentially a ‘King’ type piece, and ‘pawns’, with a simple win condition - Capture opponent's ‘King’). After that it would be about play testing, having fun and building on the game from there.

What I can contribute is Project Management (Kanban / Trello style), asset design for the game (Blender), texture art (Photoshop), UI Design (my day job), play testing (UX Research also my day job) and a bottomless pit of ideas. I have used C# and would love to learn more.

Welcoming all skill levels and backgrounds, i'd especially love to hear from programmers and 3D asset artists (eg Blender). If you are interested in getting involved, please comment below and we can start a Discord server. I'd love to bounce the idea off you and show you the documentation I have for the concept.

My Discord handle is Joj#8073

This topic is closed to new replies.

Advertisement