World fell down, so... what's next? [Game Storyline]

Started by
3 comments, last by ARF Initiative 5 years, 6 months ago

Hi there,

Hi everybody,

I am now joining Unity Game Jam with some of my colleagues. It's being two weeks and we are trying to make a Third Person Shooter with RPG and RTT mechanics video game. We name it "Project BlockchainZ" I've just open a thread about the complete game design, but in this thread I wanna share the storyline with all of you, in order to know what do you think about it. So here you are:

Game Storyline

Nobody could imagine the falling of the whole world until the deaths woke up. That nonliving ones became something we cannot consider as human being. They change into a new creature, stronger, more frightening, and almost unbeatable. Society broke in pieces and the few ones alive had to survive at any cost.

As the Major of a ranger platoon you have found an abandoned Military Outpost crowded of helpless people closer to one of the coldest parts in the world. You must keep them in safe until the reinforcements arrive.

There’s only one way to kill the damn zombies: the BlockchainZ Ammo.

Search for the BlockchainZ Ammo and destroy the hordes of zombies, but beware of the raiders: they will take your BlockchainZ Ammo whatever it takes.

Right now the Raiders have all the BlockchainZ ammo, you must fight them and spoil it, but be on guard, they will counterattack.

Remember, the survival of the people depends on you. Don’t let them down!

Gameflow.

Once you start playing Project BlockchainZ, you must defend the bunker against the hordes of zombies and raiders on a fixed map where you'll fight with your troops and traps.

The bunker is basically the main area where you'll not only have to keep the people within alive, but also yourself during the reinforcements arrive.

The zombies are extremely resistant, so you will need a type of ammo called BlockchainZ, which contains a very strong poison that acts directly against the brain traveling through the body.

The BlockchainZ Ammo is hidden in Raiders's Facility Bases and you must spoil it from them. The more  B-Z Ammo you spoil, the more Raiders will attack you, increasing the game difficulty level.

Any suggestions and recommendations are welcome.

Join us on Discord: https://discord.gg/PPAed7Z

Advertisement

I think it's pretty good, conceptually.  Seems like you have all the necessary pieces there.  I would be a bit worried that the name "BlockchainZ" might be a bit confusing to some people, you might want to consider that choosing a name like this can be either very successful, or it can just make people turn away because it makes them ask too many questions at first.  Since "blockchain" has another fairly well known meaning that isn't in any way related to zombie killing poison ammunition, it kind of made me say "What?"... ;)  If it's key to your story though, and you have a good reason to call it that(that you explain in game or in intro/etc), then go for it. 

All just my opinion, I'm no expert. ;)  It sounds like a fun zombie game to me though.

Also, this is a Jam project so I guess the "market appeal" for the game might not be the #1 concern either. ;)

14 hours ago, Septopus said:

I think it's pretty good, conceptually.  Seems like you have all the necessary pieces there.  I would be a bit worried that the name "BlockchainZ" might be a bit confusing to some people, you might want to consider that choosing a name like this can be either very successful, or it can just make people turn away because it makes them ask too many questions at first.  Since "blockchain" has another fairly well known meaning that isn't in any way related to zombie killing poison ammunition, it kind of made me say "What?"... ;)  If it's key to your story though, and you have a good reason to call it that(that you explain in game or in intro/etc), then go for it. 

All just my opinion, I'm no expert. ;)  It sounds like a fun zombie game to me though.

Also, this is a Jam project so I guess the "market appeal" for the game might not be the #1 concern either. ;)

Thanks for the comment! We do know about the "BlockchainZ" naming. It's just a fake name we use to participate in the Game Jam. We wanna know where can we go for and so the possibilities about the game. Hope to offer you all everybody a downloable prototype once the Game Jam finish in order to talk deeper and have more feedback. 

Hi there,

I'm just updating new content in this THREAD, just in case. Right now, I am talking about The Soldier Book, which tells you the storyline of the Game Jam Video Game. Hop you like it.

This topic is closed to new replies.

Advertisement